Cosmetic Dental Treatment to Enhance Your Smile – Is it worth it?
Q. Have you tried whitening and just can’t get your teeth to the color you want?
Q. Are you unhappy with the shape and look of your teeth?
If you answered “YES” to either of these questions, then cosmetic dental treatments or cosmetic dentistry, could be a great option for you. Cosmetic dentistry is focused on improving the overall look of your smile so you feel confident and happy!
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
So, what does cosmetic dentistry entail? Because of advancement in dental technology, there are various cosmetic treatments that can be used including:
- changing the shape of your gums
- porcelain veneers
- dental crowns
- teeth whitening
Many times, your dentist will use a combination of these procedures to create the customized, natural look that you want to achieve.
It is important that you make an appointment for a regular dental exam and cleaning with your dentist to ensure your teeth are healthy. Why is it important to keep your smile healthy?
Regular dental exams provide many benefits to your oral health:
- Lowers your risk for developing tooth decay, gum disease, and other serious dental problems.
- Enables your dentist to do a full exam of your mouth, jaw, and neck to identify any related issues and screen for oral cancer.
- Early identification and diagnosis of dental problems may help minimize treatment and cost.
- Helps promote healthy oral hygiene habits, such as daily brushing and flossing.
- Helps reduce dental problems related to some chronic medical conditions, including diabetes, osteoporosis, certain cancers, and eating disorders that all have an effect on dental and oral health.
At that time you can talk with your dentist about any concerns you have with the appearance of your teeth. Based on your oral health and your vision of your desired smile, your dentist can help guide you through the process of choosing the best cosmetic treatments to achieve the end result you want.
Learn More about the Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments available at Luff Dental in Lee’s Summit
Cosmetic Dental Treatment: Crowns and Veneers
If you are unhappy with the shape of your teeth you will likely need porcelain veneers or dental crowns to improve the esthetic of your smile. Your dentist will be able to tell you if veneers or crowns are the better treatment option for you.
In either case, your dentist will make your natural teeth slightly smaller in order to make the crowns or veneers cover your teeth. Learn more about the Difference between Dental Crowns and Porcelain Veneers from WebMD.
Prior to trimming your teeth for crowns or veneers, your dentist will make a model that will show you what your teeth will look like after the crowns or veneers are placed. This model is very beneficial and allows you to discuss any concerns about the final look of your teeth.
Depending on the extent of your cosmetic treatment, your final result could take a few months to achieve. While this may feel like a time consuming and expensive process, with proper oral hygiene your end result can last a lifetime! Not to mention the added confidence you’ll feel as you smile throughout your days.
Related Article: Dental Services offered at Luff Dental in Lee’s Summit
Your Smile Makeover Begins with a Smile Consultation
As we stated, scheduling your consultation for a smile makeover is necessary for a patient to understand their makeover options. Dr. Luff will need to perform a thorough mouth examination as well as look closely at the patient’s overall facial structure. Then a conversation with Dr. Luff and the patient can take place regarding which cosmetic procedures are going to work for improving their smile.
Size, Shape and Position
During a smile makeover consultation, you will learn about changing the size, shape, and position of your teeth. This the how we make an assessment: The following three-tooth alterations are often used to improve the way someone looks when they smile, and can also be referred to as tooth reshaping and dental contouring.
- Size: Changing the size of a tooth is an option to make small teeth larger and large teeth smaller, and can be achieved with dental bonding or porcelain veneers.
- Shape: Changing the shape of a tooth is a choice for patients who want straighter teeth. Using dental contouring techniques, Dr. Luff can reshape certain teeth to make straightening procedures more effective.
- Position: Changing the position of the teeth requires Dr. Luff to see if the patient is a candidate for ClearCorrect clear aligning dental trays.
You don’t need to wait for a special event before getting the smile of your dreams, schedule your consultation today! Dr. Luff has years of experience and specializes in smile makeovers.
Luff Dental Keeps Your Smile Healthy & Beautiful
If you have questions or concerns about your your smile, please give us a call at 816-875-3391 or request an appointment online with Dr. Luff.
Work with Dr. Luff and her team to find the most effective solution for your smile! We are always accepting new patients in the Lee’s Summit, MO and surrounding area who are ready to improve the health of their teeth, their confidence and smile! Please call Luff Dental at (816) 875-3391 to schedule your appointment.