If you want to improve your smile, dental veneers are a simple option. These custom-made, thin coverings are placed over the front part of the tooth resulting in a natural looking smile.
Veneers can be used to correct a wide range of dental issues:
- teeth that are stained and can’t be whitened by bleaching
- crooked or misshapen teeth
- chipped or worn teeth
- large gap between the upper front teeth or uneven spaces
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- strong and long-lasting
- natural-looking surface
- less tooth enamel needs to be removed than with a crown or cap
- they don’t stain easily
Before you get veneers:
- Your teeth and gums must be healthy
- If you clench or grind your teeth, dental veneers are not always a good choice, because the pressure may cause them to chip or break. If you clench or grind your teeth, your dentist may suggest you wear a plastic dental night guard while sleeping.
- Although Dr. Luff removes as little tooth enamel as possible, the process cannot be reversed once the enamel is removed.
- Over time, it is possible for veneers to come loose. In that case, they may need to be replaced.
Luff Dental offers a variety of dental veneer options to choose from. Talk to Dr. Luff about your expectations and which treatment options are best for you.