To prevent means to avoid. Everybody knows that most health and dental problems are preventable. In recent years, the link between oral disease and other health problems has been proven. Your mouth is the gateway to your entire body and its health determines your overall health. We believe that brushing, flossing, and regular dental checkups are key to a beautiful smile and a happy, healthy you!
Dr. Luff will help prevent, diagnose, and solve common dental problems. Whatever general treatment you require, you’ll be taken care of at Luff Dental in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Our comprehensive preventative dentistry services include…
- Dental Exam, Cleaning & X-rays
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Dental Sealants
- Periodontal Disease Treatment
- Patient Education
- Personal Care Plans
Developing healthy dental habits early in life can help reduce cavities, gum disease, and gingivitis. Here are the basics of good oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least twice each day — usually morning and night, using a soft-bristled brush.
- Floss daily to remove food that’s stuck between your teeth before it turns to plaque.
- Use a mouthwash to rinse out food particles after flossing.
- Avoid acidic foods, like alcohol, soda and carbonated beverages, that can harm tooth enamel.
- Be cautious with hard foods, like some candies, seeds, or pits that could damage or chip teeth.
- Don’t vape, smoke or use tobacco products; they can lead to cancer and other dental problems.
- Use a mouth guard when participating in certain sports.
- If you grind your teeth at night, ask your dentist for a nighttime mouth guard to help reduce damage to your teeth and gum recession.